Sunday, February 24, 2013

Art : Laurie Lipton


[La Luz - Laurie Lipton - charcoal and pencil]


Though I don't roam around on Tumblr like I used to, I have to say that it has shown me some pretty amazing art over the few years I've been on there that I may not have seen until much later.  One such artist that has stuck with me all started with the above image.   I was so pulled in to it from the subject matter, the inspiration, and the amazing amount of detail that I did an image search right away to find out who the proper artist was.  I found that it was New York based artist, Laurie Lipton.  The more I saw of her art, the more I fell in love with it.  All of these samples were done with pencil and charcoal, and the detail is just exquisite.





[Queen of bones - Laurie Lipton - charcoal and pencil]

You may have even seen this image on a graphic t-shirt featured at All Saints awhile back.




[Laurie Lipton - charcoal and pencil]




[Madonna of the sacred bones - Laurie Lipton - charcoal and pencil]



Do you have an artist that you found by happy accident that has inspired you?

3 comments:

  1. They're wonderful! My favourite is the skull and lace closeup with the spiderwebs in the sockets!

    Thanks for sharing these great pieces, and yes - too many artists to remember them all! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to be able to share art that others may not have seen before or maybe just reminding someone of their art. I feel like I'm giving away a gift <3

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful! I can't get over the detail. I can only hope to be that good one day!
    I can't tell you how many times I've had to google artists I saw on tumblr. I think kukula was one of my favorites! She has the whole "cute macabre" thing going on in a lot of her work.
    one of my faves: http://www.kukulaland.com/shows/immortalartifacts/big_Sacrifices--The-Uniworm-19.5x24.jpg

    ReplyDelete