Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Two tone lip


[Playing around with the two tone lip - top "Pagan Angel", bottom "Ferguson Crest Cabernet"]




[Black skull necklace - kreepsville666]





["Ferguson Crest Cabernet", "Pagan Angel"]






I don't wear a ton of makeup, and I don't buy a lot of expensive makeup.  Sure I have my share of MAC products(mostly lipsticks and shadows), and I'm itching for LimeCrime's "Serpentina" and "Poisonberry" lips,  but my everyday look is lipbalm of some sort and Wet n' Wild's black liquid liner.  Yep!  So when I ran out yesterday and had to stop at the drug store for more liner I couldn't help but peek around and look at their displays.

Which brings me to these two that I picked up.  They are made by Wet n' Wild partnered with Fergie.  I've tried two of the polishes from her/them and wasn't terribly impressed.  Most were dupes of polishes that I had something terribly close to already.  This was the first time I'd seen any lipsticks.  The two that I naturally gravitated toward was a black - "pagan angel", and a purple berry - "ferguson crest cabernet" .  The black is your average solid black,  but not a sure blackout, pity.  The berry colour is a lot more purple than what my photos lead to.  I immediately swatched them as a two tone look, and love it!  They wear decently, but for $3.69 they are worth trying especially when I'm trying to make my MAC style black lipstick line last!


5 comments:

  1. You look so lovely! I really like your hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment :) I was actually supposed to get it cut and roots retouched yesterday, so I'm glad to know it still is a decent mess

      And thank you so much for the follow. I'm trying to get the blog back up and running, so a new follow means a lot.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your hair colour! I've been trying to get streaks in exactly that colour but have yet to find a hairdresser who has been able to get it right. What's your secret? :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insomniac's Attic - hello, and before I get into my hair, I really enjoy your blog :) Thanks for finding and following me!

      I've been platinum blonde since 2001, and I've seen my fair share of hair salons and what they could/couldn't would/wouldn't do. A lot won't even tough my hair, but it's completely healthy for being bleached out. No frizzles or damage. The girl that I found I've been with now for 5 years because she's been the only one who has been able to get me white and help me keep it pretty consistent. I also use a toning shampoo and toning conditioner between visits, but I try to mix it with a white or white creme based shampoo/conditioner to help keep it white and not lavender. I know that when I have my roots retouched we use a mix of Redkin 9 V, and 9 T.

      If you have any blonde and what to keep it from turning brassy, an amazing toning shampoo/conditioner is Joico! Love it.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your hair. I'm much older than you are, and am silver naturally, but I am tired of wearing my gray hair like an 'old lady'. It looks like your hair is similar in color and texture to mine. Can you give me an idea about how you get your hairdresser to not 'scalp' you when you get your hair cut? Everyone looks at me and want to give me the crazy short old-lady do. I've let my hair grow out for two months, so it is much longer than my profile pic. I guess I could just print out your photo and show it to the next hairdresser I 'submit' to. If you have any words of advice, I'd love to hear them.

    ReplyDelete