Friday, January 20, 2012

my style : ears

[2g best of collection - so far!]


it was in 2002 that i started to stretch my ears.  i really didn't have a reason to do it other than having seen a pair of horn spirals at a shop called angel alley while i lived in albuquerque, nm.  i started slowly and made my way up to a size 8g so i could have those spirals.  it took me 5yrs to get to and decide that i would stop at a size 2g.  i never ran into problems or infections or horrendous inflammation, and i still don't to this day unless i mess with my earrings too much(nervous tick) and then it's just redness.  

i have to say that i am in love with having larger holes, and it's definitely become a part of who i am.  i love the jewelry that is available, and i thought i'd share the best of my collection so far.

2 comments:

  1. I love the first spirals in the third row. They look very Tim Burton-ish. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thought as nihrdia ;) I also like the black & white striped ones because they remind me of Beetlejuice ;) Thanks so much for following my blog, I'm your newest follower! ♥

    ReplyDelete